The WTW-Scott Cinema Group is looking to appoint two part-time cleaners for our cinema in Bristol.
Cleaners are an integral part of the cinema team. Usually working on your own, and early in the morning, you will be responsible for making sure that the cinema is fully cleaned and ready for the trading day ahead. Working from both daily and weekly job sheets, your tasks will include:
• Cleaning cinema auditoria from the previous night’s trading - this includes litter picking, vacuuming, mopping and a thorough clean down of all surfaces.
• Cleaning of toilet areas including sanitaryware, vanity units and floors.
• Cleaning of foyer and front of house areas to include floors, all surfaces and windows.
• Cleaning seat backs, skirting boards, poster frames and such like on a rotational basis.
• Ensuring that supply cupboards and work areas are kept clean and tidy.
• Sanitising surfaces in accordance with Covid-19 guidelines.
• Other additional cleaning duties as indicated by the cinema management team.
• Liaising with the cinema management team.
This is a shared role, and we are looking for two people to work alternate weeks of 4 and 3 shifts (including 1 weekend shift each per week). An example rota is available from the Duty Manager. This will amount to an average of around 21 hours per fortnight with shifts generally being around 3 hours long. You are free to decide whether or not you will undertake tasks at night after the cinema has closed, or in the morning, before opening. Usually this is a window between 11pm and 10am. It may also be possible to pick up more hours to cover holiday and a degree of flexibility is required to cover last minute shift changes.
You will be conscientious and have immaculate attention to detail. You need to be able to work on your own, using your own initiative to accomplish the required tasks within a timescale, and be able to manage your time to ensure that all additional weekly tasks can be completed as and when required. You also need to be reliable and trustworthy.
• Because you will need to be a keyholder we are looking for people aged 18 and over.
• Full right to work in the UK.
• You need to be available to work either late nights or early mornings on your shift days.
• Public and Bank Holidays, as well as school holidays, will all be worked as part of your normal shift pattern.
• As you will usually be working on your own, you need to possess situational awareness in relation to Health & Safety requirements and be able to feedback concerns to the management team where appropriate.
• A degree of personal fitness is required – there are lots of stairs in the building and you will be on your feet for your shift.
• You also need to be competent enough to operate basic electrical and water controls - such as turning on the mains electricity, lighting and water supplies in the morning.
Pay & Benefits
The rate of pay for these positions is £9.85 per hour.
We offer 28 days leave (pro-rata for part time positions), automatic enrolment into a Workplace Pension scheme, free cinema tickets, discounts on refreshments as well as free hot and cold drinks while you are on shift.
To apply for this position, please ask in the cinema for an application form, or apply online here: https://bristolwestburypark.scottcinemas.co.uk/careers. Please do not send a CV without completing an application form.
To apply for this position, please complete an application form online. You can either save the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post it through the cinemas letterbox, or mail it to: Manager, Scott Cinemas, Northumbria Drive, Bristol, BS9 4HN